Hello all and Welcome to my 2019 Reading Survey and Stats post! I haven’t really done a lot of yearly wrap-ups before but you can check out 2018’s post. I’m getting all my data from my book spreadsheet.
BOOKS READ IN 2019
Books Read: 23 of 36 (63%)
Total Pages: 8872 pages
Average Length: 386 pages
Shortest Book: 145 pages – Crimival by R.L. Walker
Longest Book: 582 pages – After by Anna Todd
Best In Books
1. Best books you read in 2019:
2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t:
A Madness So Discreet
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read:
4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did):
… none :/
5. Best series you started in 2019. Best sequel of 2019. Best series ender of 2019.
Death Overdue for starter and Spook in the Stacks for Sequel. No ender.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019:
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone:
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:
9. Book you read in 2019 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019:
11. Most memorable character of 2019:
Naughty John from The Diviners…that song… :O
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019:
13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2019:
Art of War/Madame Bovary
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read:
15. Favorite quote from a book you read in 2019:
“It is the easiest thing in the world for a man to look as if he had a great secret in him.”
― Herman Melville, Moby Dick
16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2019:
145 pages – Crimival by R.L. Walker & 582 pages – After by Anna Todd
17. Book that shocked you the most:
18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!):
Curse of the Arctic Star
19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year:
Nancy Drew and her friends
20. Favorite book you read in 2019 from an author you’ve read previously:
Reading up a Storm
21. Best book you read in 2019 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019:
23. Best 2019 debut you read:
24. Most vivid setting you read this year:
25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read:
Spook in the Stacks
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2019:
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
27. Hidden gem of the year:
The Art of War
28. Book that crushed your soul:
29. Most unique book you read in 2019:
30. Book that made you the maddest (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it):
A Madness So Discreet
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2019:
All the ones on my blog roll. I add all my favorite ones there and have added about 6 in 2019!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2019:
Death by Pumpkin Spice
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog:
Madame Bovary Discussion
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.):
Bout of Books 26
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2019:
Moving to my new condo and setting up my library/office.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year:
Wanting to read….with so many other distractions.
7. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views):
8. Post you wished got a little more love:
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.):
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year:
No, of course not, lol, i never do. 🙁
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2019 but will be your number 1 priority in 2020:
Gone with the Wind
2. Book you are most anticipating in 2020 (non-debut):
Meet the Sky
3. 2020 debut you are most anticipating:
4. Sequel you are most anticipating in 2020:
More Nancy Drew Diary books
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2020?
Actually read….and blog more original content. Finish all my reading goals.
How did your reading year go?